Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge!




I have yet again taken on more than I can probably handle, but the smell in my kitchen right now makes it all worth while! An old friend from High School with whom I reconnected with via Facebook is quite the foodie. She started a bread baking challenge to bake our way through The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread and I signed up for the task. We are talking about a year of bread baking! 43 loaves if I only do one variation of each. The challenge will consume the better part of a year!

Well, my first bread, called Anadama Bread, came out of the oven about 17 minutes ago. Yes, it's midnight, but I'm contemplating staying up to slice into one of these beauties, because the smell is absolutely overwhelmingly yummy! I cannot believe how glorious they look!

See for yourself! Take a look at my and others photos at our Flickr site. My name is ladygustafson so you'll be able to find all my photos. Bon Appetit!

No comments: