Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wow, it's been a while!











Well, to be honest, I got so caught up on facebook and my other blog that I haven't blogged here in quite some time. I forget that this is the best way to keep up with some. But I need to get busy here as I am about to start a year long journey...in BREAD!

Yes, not that I'm not busy enough. A friend of mine from high school is quite a foodie, and I am joining her challenge - to bake our way through the book, The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread by Peter Reinhart. 50 loaves at a rate of one per week. It will be a crazy time, and I'll be blogging about the experience here!

Wow, what has happened! My last blog was so long ago. Emily has been skiing twice - once in Big Bear and once in Idaho. We went to Idaho to visit Chris' grandma. Emily has been doing great in Martial Arts as well. She is advancing quite rapidly! She is doing so well in Kindergarten! She's reading books! Real books - not just Dick and Jane types of books. Probably easily a first or second grade reading level. We are so proud of her. She has also completed her AWANA studies (bible verses) and the extra credit book about 4 weeks early.

Chris fulfilled a life long dream. We are Harley Davidson owners! He got his license, and bought a Harley Sportster. He is loving it...me too! I actually got my permit and am planning to take a class to get my license as well. Chris also finished DCO school last week in Rhode Island, and was recently promoted to Lieutenant.

I am working on my infertility blog - I believe that the Lord is using my story for encouragement to others. We are also planning on starting a home fellowship bible study soon in our home. So I have been (with the help of my dear mother-in-love Nanci) decluttering the house and trying to live a little more simply!

So much on the calendar for this summer. Em and I are going to Indiana to visit friends. Then later we are all going to visit my mom in Grand Forks, ND. In november we are going to Maui (thanks to Uncle Stu and Aunt Dar for the condo!) So much fun I hope.

I will try to be better about posting more often. Check out my infertility blog http://www.myquiverisnotfull.blogspot.com/, my facebook "Andrea Renee Johnson Gustafson" and follow me on Twitter (ladygustafson) as I tweet about my side business - going green with Melaleuca!

No comments: